There are lots of people searching for jobs today. However, as an employer, you are not trying to find just anyone. You want to hire the best, most innovative employees to work at your business. You recognize that your company is only as strong as your workers. How do you hire the best people? It all begins with the job interview.
Make certain that your interview questions solicit the data that will help you pick the individual with the characteristics you want. If you use a cookie cutter approach to the interview, you are likely to get uninspired, cookie cutter answers.
Ask the Right Questions
Start by asking the right questions. Don’t ask applicants what their job titles were at past positions. Don’t ask them what their responsibilities were. Instead, ask them to list any revolutionary ideas that they came up with for their previous employers. Ask them if these ideas helped their employers earn more money, run more effectively, or lower expenses.
One of the most typical questions to ask a candidate concerns their strengths and weaknesses. Avoid asking them to list these; most people have predetermined answers. Instead ask them what they bring to the culture of a company, or ask them what they do to make their job more satisfying. The responses you get to these kinds of questions will assist you to gauge the actual ingenuity of the person you are interviewing.
Another method you could use to determine creativity is to give them a task to perform. Something simple, for instance have them write their ideas about what their ideal work environment would be like. Or they could brainstorm services and products for a company of your choosing. You could keep it light and fun; the goal is to get a snapshot of their brainstorming abilities, and creativity.
Today’s job market is such that it’s probable that many competent people will apply to your open position. So, in order to sift through these applicants and find the most creative and inventive individuals, change your interview tactics to hone in on these traits.
Tips for Keeping Your Information Safe While Using Public Wi-Fi – FunctionOne
About Function One IT
Focused on providing customers with excellence in virtualization, connectivity and managed services. We Are Your IT Department.
- No public Twitter messages.
- 05/16/2012 The Kinect: More than just a Gaming Device
- 05/11/2012 Ensure You Hire the Right People by Changing Your Interview Strategy
- 05/09/2012 Is This the End of Business Travel
- 05/04/2012 Limiting Factors in Technology
- 05/02/2012 Cost Effective Alternatives to Photoshop
- 04/27/2012 Better Batteries: Better Future
- 04/25/2012 Bing: An Overlooked Search Engine
- 04/20/2012 The Difference Between the Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud
- 04/18/2012 Effectively Managing Remote Workers and Contractors
- 04/13/2012 Simplify Your Life With These 5 Smartphone Apps